2 3/4 cups (plain) flour
175 g sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
Pinch of salt
3/4 cup/ 175 ml milk
50 ml sunflower oil
4 tbsp butter melted
110 g smooth peanut butter
For the peanut butter cream
150g smooth peanut butter
115 g butter
90g icing sugar
For the crispy peanut topping
1 cup sugar
175 g/ 1 1/4 cups unsalted peanuts lightly crushed
Prep & Cook time: 50 min
- Heat the oven to 350 degree F. Line a 12-hole muffin Pan with paper cases.Line a cookie sheer with non-stick baking paper.
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Beat the eggs, milk, oil, butter and peanut butter together until combined and stir in to the dry ingredients until just mixed. The mixture should be slightly lumpy.
- Spoon into the paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and risen. Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
- For the peanut butter cream, whisk the peanut butter and butter with an electric whisk until smooth. Add the sugar and whisk until fluffy.
- For the crispy peanut topping, heat the sugar in a pan until melted and golden brown. Do not stir. Remove from the heat and add the peanuts, stirring well. Pour onto the lined cookie sheet and leave cool and set for a few minutes, then break up into pieces.
- Spoon the peanut butter cream into a piping bag and pipe on top of the muffins. Decorate with the crispy peanut pieces.