Category Archives: Cup Cake Recipe
The oldest cupcake recipe that has been found is from the book American Cookery written by Amelia Simmons in 1796. The dessert was baked in small cups but the word cupcake wasn’t used.
80 g unsalted butter softened
1 cup firrmly packed brown sugar
125 g melted chocolate
180 g flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup milk
3/4 tsp vanilla essence
chocolate sauce as needed
cherry jam as needed
sweetened whipped cream as needed
Prep Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 25 min
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper cups and set aside.
- Cream unsalted butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, beat the egg yolks till thick and pale, beat into the butter mixture. Add the melted chocolate and mix well.
- Sieve together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Mix the milk with the vanilla essence and set aside.
- Add the flour mixture to the chocolate batter in three additions. Alternating with the milk and vanilla mixture . Do not over beat. The batter should be smooth.
- In other bowl, beat eggs whites until soft peaks form and gently fold into the batter.
- Pour into the muffin tray and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center a cupcake comes out clean.
- To assemble the cupcake scoop out some of the cake from the top and fill it with 1 tsp each o the chocolate sauce and cherry jam.
- Finish with a flat layer of cherry jam on top. and pipe whipped cream over it.