Category Archives: Cup Cake Recipe
375 g self rising flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup superfine sugar
2 ripe bananas
2 eggs beaten
Half cup sunflower oil
150 g chopped pecans
440 g can crushed pineapple drained
For the Lemon Cream
115 g butter softened
3 cups confectioners sugar
2 tbsp whipping cream
2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
6 tbsp chopped toasted pecans to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Grease a 12 hole muffin pan.
- Sieve the flour and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar.
- Put the bananas in a bowl and mash well with a fork.
- Add the bananas to the dry ingredients with the egg, oil, pecans and pineapple.
- Stir until the mixture just combined, but still slightly lumpy.
- Divide the mixture equally into the muffin cups.
- Bake the oven for 30-35 minutes, until golden brown and risen.
- Leave in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
- To make the lemon cream, put the butter in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Gradually beat in the confectioners sugar, thenbeat in the cream, lemon juice and vanilla extract. Beat well until light and fluffy.
- Invert the muffins and spread with the lemon cream.
- Decorate with some Chopped toasted pecan nuts.